Everyone makes freshmen mistakes, but here’s the 5 things not to do:
1) Don’t send out weekly mass texts asking, “do you know of any parties?”. Sure they are your friends, but it gets annoying, and if you’re just asking for parties and not informing people of parties as well, then you’re “mooching”. Its ok if the person is your best friend or you know them from high school or something, but as tempting as it is, avoid the mass “partying” text.
2) Don’t always ask the same person to buy you alcohol. If anyone is 21 in your dorm, they will probably be the only one, and you can imagine how often they’ll be asked to buy alcohol. You’re best off spreading around your requests among a few people, because if you ask too much they will just stop replying to you eventually.
3) Don’t hook up with someone in your dorm hall. Sure, it happens, but afterward it is extremely awkward. You’ll be seeing them almost everyday for the entire year, and if you guys end badly, that will be a lot of awkward moments.
4) Make sure not to be the guy/girl that is always out of control, passed out, throwing up, or having to be taken care of. I puked 4 times my freshman year, and it does happen to the best of us sometimes. But try to hold your liquor, as its no fun for you or your friends who have to take care of you.
5) If possible, don’t sign up for any classes on Friday’s…because we know you guys get Thirsty on Thursdays.