With college comes the opportunity to meet new people, learn new things, and branch out from your hometown. In that adventure, you’re going to run into a lot of attractive girls; many of whom you’ve never met before.
Some you may never talk to, some you may want to be friends with, and some you want be more than friends with. But the big question is: HOW DO I FLIRT WITH THESE GIRLS?!
Before you freak out, let me help. I will give this disclaimer; this is my opinion and what works for me. This will NOT work on every girl, but nine time out of ten, these few tips will help you put your foot in the door as far as getting to know them.
1. Be confident. This doesn’t mean be a jerk, but it does mean you have to show a little backbone in dealing with a girl. Walk up to her, introduce yourself, say something nice about her (not creepy), and get her name.
2. Stand out. On average, everyone passes by about 900 people on a weekday, and 67 people on the weekend. That’s 900 individual people that she may see a day! You have to be the guy that stands out from not only those people, but the people who talk to the girl you’re trying to flirt with. So ask yourself, what is one thing that separates you from the average guy?
Exploit it and be yourself! If you’re funny, be funny. If you love your clothes, then talk about that. If you’re good at sports, keep sports conversations going.
3. Stay away from pick-up lines. You want to make her feel as if you’re flirting with her in the spur of the moment, even if you’ve wanted to talk to her for forever. Compliment her on something she’s wearing that day, how beautiful something about her is, or something else that’s specific to her. A girl never wants to feel as if the words you’re telling her have been used on other girls.
4. Be funny. Flirting should be fun and lighthearted. Flirting should never be pressuring for the girl you’re flirting with, so keep it lighthearted and funny. You’re probably just as nervous talking to her as she is talking to you, so don’t worry about slipping over your words, or embarrassing yourself. And trust me, if you mess up with 1, 10, or 100 (OH NO!) girls, there are still plenty others on campus to talk to.
5. Practice, practice, practice! Practice makes perfect, and just like a sport, the more you practice your skills, the better you’ll be. You get out there, and enjoy yourself. Life is short and college is one of the best times of your life. You’d be crazy not to enjoy it! Go practice your skills!
For a litte more on flirting, check this out: